Branch Networking and WAN
Integrated branch networking with SD-WAN technology
The traditional WAN was not designed to tackle today’s application traffic. Our software-defined WAN solution, NetScaler SD-WAN, offers a more scalable, reliable, and cloud-ready approach. Combining the intelligence of SD-WAN technology, WAN optimization, routing and application management into one comprehensive solution, NetScaler SD-WAN ensures the user experience at the branch and mobile level are just as rich and seamless as at headquarters. And because NetScaler SD-WAN reduces your bandwidth requirements and simplifies branch networking, it’s cost-effective too.
Why Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN
Businesses rely on branch offices or remote employees to serve customers, to be near partners and suppliers and to expand into new markets. As desktop virtualization increases and applications move to the cloud, IT managers face the challenge of providing applications reliably and without a performance penalty to branch and mobile users. Now enterprises can use Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN to software define their WAN, rendering it more scalable, cost-effective and ready to connect to the cloud, while ensuring excellent application performance. Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN can help you effectively and economically increase WAN throughput while accelerating enterprise applications and ensuring the performance of virtual desktops.
- Maintain high performance for mission critical applications even when a network link fails
- Improve the virtual desktop experience to branch-office and mobile users and accelerate traditional enterprise applications
- Expand WAN capacity with low-cost broadband connections, while maintaining MPLS-level quality and reliability
- Support cloud migration with integrated security to protect enterprise data
- Simplify IT with integrated routing and WAN Optimization to reduce network footprint
- Secure data across the WAN and to the cloud with strong encryption, application-level security policies and data segmentation
- Gain visibility into application delivery in order to proactively manage the user experience
Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Features
- NetScaler SD-WAN creates a reliable WAN from diverse network links, including MPLS, broadband, and wireless, continuously measuring and monitoring each link for loss, latency, jitter and congestion. Link outages and errors are mitigated by NetScaler SD-WAN’s ability to move traffic off of poor performing links without impact to the applications, resulting in predictable and consistent performance. Mission critical applications are always routed across the paths with the fastest transit time, real-time application traffic can be duplicated to guarantee no loss and traffic from high bandwidth applications can be balanced across multiple links to provide high performance for large files transfers. With NetScaler SD-WAN, this results in a high bandwidth, low cost WAN that is reliable and ensures high application quality.
- NetScaler SD-WAN identifies applications using the WAN and applies default or user defined rules to ensure that critical application receive priority and are routed across the highest-quality link. Lower quality links are used only as much as necessary, and then only for applications that can tolerate higher latency. Packet reordering and packet loss mitigation features reduce jitter and packet loss.
- Through features such as TCP flow control, data compression, de-duplication and protocol optimization, NetScaler SD-WAN can improve the end-user experience as well as provide a reduction in WAN bandwidth expenses. And with video usage on the rise, NertScaler SD-WAN can optimize video delivery within Citrix XenDesktop environments as well as for popular websites and internal video content repositories.